Other privacy policies:
Rights & responsibilities:
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES DILIMAN
I. Who are covered by this Policy?
This Policy governs UP Diliman Alumni and Donors, including donees, whose personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information (“Personal Data”) are processed by UP Diliman.
II. Why are Personal Data processed?
UP Diliman processes Personal Data to –
(1) Perform its obligations, exercise its rights, and conduct its associated functions as:
- an instrumentality of the government;
- a higher education institution and the national university;
- a juridical entity with its own rights, interests and internal and external affairs.
(2) For each particular unit of UP Diliman, conduct all acts reasonably foreseeable from and customarily performed by similar bodies.
III. What Personal Data are processed?
UP Diliman processes Personal Data of Alumni and Donors including but not limited to:
- Personal details such as name, birth, gender, civil status and affiliations;
- Contact information such as address, email, mobile and telephone numbers;
- Employment information such as government-issued numbers, position and functions;
UP Diliman processes other Personal Data of Alumni and Donors necessary for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
(1) Alumni linkage purposes such as:
(a) Upkeep of alumni database for alumni linkage and job placement;
(b) Knowing career paths and performance of alumni;
(2) Donation processing such as:
(a) Legal requirements such as filing of tax returns and anti-money laundering requirements;
(b) Recording sources and uses of donations for transparency in the University’s funds.
(3) Records and account creation, update and maintenance purposes;
(4) Security and community affairs purposes; and
(5) Purposes necessary for UP Diliman to perform its obligations, exercise its rights, and conduct its associated functions as a higher education institution, an instrumentality of the government, and as a juridical entity with its own rights, interests and internal and external affairs.
IV. How does UP Diliman process Personal Data and how long are Personal Data retained?
UP Diliman processes and retains Personal Data as necessary for the Purposes in accordance with:
(1) The Data Privacy Act of 2012, National Archives of the Philippines Act of 2007 and their Implementing Rules and Regulations;
(2) Policies, guidelines, and rules of the UP System and UP Diliman on data privacy, research and ethical codes of conduct; and
(3) Executive and regulatory issuances such as those on Freedom of Information.
V. Where are Personal Data stored and how are these transmitted?
Personal Data are stored in physical and electronic “Data Processing Systems” of UP Diliman as defined under National Privacy Commission Circular No. 17-01. Personal Data are transmitted in accordance with Chapter III of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and Rule V of its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
VI. What are the rights and responsibilities of Alumni and Donors?
The rights and responsibilities of Alumni and Donors are governed by the UP Diliman Data Subject Rights and Responsibilities.
VII. Effectivity and Definition of Terms
VIII. The Data Protection Officer
For data protection concerns or to report privacy incidents, please contact the UP Diliman Data Protection Officer by visiting https://upd.edu.ph/privacy