Other Information Security Issuances:
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES DILIMAN
Guidelines for Webhosting
- Glossary of Terms:
- DILNET, or DILIMAN NETWORK, is the name of the campus network system in UP Diliman which provide LAN and Internet connectivity as well as services such as Web Hosting to its constituents. DILNET is maintained by the University Computer Center
- End-administrator is a person authorized by a UP college, department, unit or office to administer a web hosting service. This person shall also be the offices’ representative to DILNET.
- DILNET’s web hosting service is available to UP Diliman colleges, departments, units and offices for free.
- The shared hosting service has the following specifications:
- 2GB hosting space
- Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2
- 1 FTP Account
- 1 MySQL database (upon request)
- These specifications may change without prior notice.
- Formal requests for web hosting shall be addressed to the Director of the University Computer Center. These requests shall be endorsed by the unit, department or college head. An administrative liaison shall also be included in the letter. This person shall be DILNET’s contact person, and will receive updates regarding the web hosting service.
- For security reasons, FTP and SQL access are only accessible locally (within DILNET).
- End-administrators are wholly responsible for the security of their hosting spaces. Please observe proper security measures, such as generating and safekeeping complex credentials, updating your CMS and its plug-ins regularly (if applicable), and keeping updated on the latest vulnerabilities your site may have.
- Popular Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal, Joomla! or WordPress will only be pre-installed by DILNET upon special request. End-administrator shall be responsible for configuring these CMS to suit their needs.
- DILNET shall not be held liable for any content posted by End-administrator that may violate UP Diliman’s Acceptable Use Policy, or Philippine Law. However, DILNET reserves the right to suspend web sites hosted under it that may violate these entities.
- Design, structure and content of the web site shall be the responsibility of the End-administrator. They can, however, consult DILNET for certain technical issues (related to hosting), and the Diliman Information Office for best practices on design, structure and content.
- Forgotten FTP/MySQL passwords may be retrieved by emailing DILNET. If a new End-administrator shall be maintaining a current site, a letter of endorsement from the unit head shall be given.
- We do not carry any licensed web authoring tools (such as Adobe Dreamweaver). But for interested parties, there are various Web Authoring Software available in the Internet such as NVU (http://net2.com/nvu/).